Saturday, January 30, 2010

dear mick jagger,


you know that song you sing, "you can't always get what you want"?  i think you're right first of all. 

but, do we ever get what we need and what we want at the same time? 

i'm going to a reception today, and i'll probably drink some wine.  there's no footloose man at my feet--but i think i'm doin' allright.  i don't need to fill prescriptions, i don't do cherry red.  i don't know many people named jimmy, but they wouldn't look at me and say "dead."

i hope there aren't any bleeding men near me--if there are i didn't mean it, i don't know about it, and i surely don't practice deception purposefully.  my hands aren't bloodstained but i do bite my fingernails and have a few gobis from hanging out with el capitan the other day. 

i try all times, and i find i get what i need.  for sure.  but maybe we each get one time when there's both?  well, i was just thinking. you don't have to reply right away.  i just like that song you and keith wrote, and saw some wisdom in it.  but i think it would be nice to have want and need walk together, just once.  i don't expect you to be the authority on want and need, but you did write a song about it so i figured i'd ask you. 

maybe i'm just bleeding into my own glass, footloose at my own feet, and deceived by my own self.  maybe you're right anyway.  i guess i'll just go out and try some more--i'll let you know if want and need are hanging out together somewhere. 

don't do too many drugs.

love,

mindy

**Guest post by Mindy Wiper.

No comments:

Post a Comment